Wednesday, August 3

An Extraordinary Gift!

Robin phoned me last week with this one...I'll try and paint the picture for you...

...two Decembers ago, while I was working at Nordstrom, we were two weeks away from receiving medical insurance when we had to rush Robin off to emergency surgery.  Robin was pregnant and was loosing major amounts of blood; nearly 1/3 drained into her abdomen.  It was horrible.

Fortunately, I was able to walk away with my beautiful wife, but unfortunately we lost the baby and walked away with a bill for $37,000. 
Looking back, I remember the morning after her surgery, by the hospital bed, she looked at me and said with a smile, “Don’t worry, God will take care of this.”

Over the next year and a half we were able to pay 6 of the 7 outstanding bills, leaving us with the giant...$29,000.

Now she and I are confident that God has called us to work in Haiti and we also know that neglecting our debt while in Haiti isn’t honorable…but how in the world could we pay this huge bill before we go?  No chance, I’m thinking. 

So, last week Robin called the hospital for another attempt to negotiate some sort of realistic plan to reconcile the debt; which up to this point all attempts have been unsuccessful. 

The lady answered the phone asking, “What do you want?”  Robin replied, “To try and take care of our debt.”  She answered, “Why?  This debt has been approved for charity...it’s been paid.”

“WHAT?” “We didn’t even apply, how could it be “approved”?”  “Impossible!”

“…but Jesus looked at them and said to them, “With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”  Matt 19:26 

You can say that again!

No comments:

Post a Comment