Sunday, October 16

Worth it All

"At that moment the angel of the LORD called to him from heaven, "Abraham Abraham! Do not lay a hand on the boy!  Do no hurt him in any way, for now I know that you truly fear God.  You have not withheld from me even your son, your only son." " Genesis 22:12

This last week during our morning devotional a friend shared this story with our group.   While we went through the story it was as if it was directly speaking to me.  "Robin, Robin, I now know that you truly fear God.  You have not withheld from me your only child."  

Upon discovering that I was pregnant, just three weeks prior to our initial departure date, a whole new meaning came to the word "sacrifice".  Like Abraham in the story in Genesis I had to count the cost of walking in obedience to the Lord.


So we left our home, jobs, family and friends. Then we faced various health risks like malaria and cholera, lack of medical care, limited access to properly prepared food, along with all the other discomforts of living in a third world country. But, I trusted that God would sustain me through all of the potential struggles I would encounter and that He would be enough.



Ultrasound at 17 weeks.  I can barley see the screen!

I can now truly say that HE is sufficient!  That He is trustworthy!  And that through all of the discouragement, discomforts, and obstacles that I have encountered here I can say, "For You are my lamp, O Lord;  The Lord shall enlighten my darkness.  For by You I can run against a troop;  By my God I can leap over a wall... For who is God except our Lord?  And who is a rock, except our God?  God is my strength and power, And He makes my way perfect.  He makes my feet like the feet of deer,  and sets me on my high places.  He teaches my hands to make war so that my arms can bend a bow of bronze." 2 Samuel 22:29-35

As Ryan and I discussed and prayed over the last week we decided it would be best for me to come home earlier than we had planed.  I will be coming home this Monday, the 17th, while Ryan finishes the season here in Jeremie.  We have grown so much during this time and are grateful to God for all that He has done in me here!


3 comments:

  1. This is such awesome news!! We're so excited for you both and will continue to pray for the pregnancy. Welcome home Robin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Robin! I love you so much and am so encouraged by you! God is so faithful and how wonderful to know that He has been taking care of you (of course) in every little detail! God has been speaking to me lately about how satisfaction in Him is not about when things are going smoothly, but about a saving trust in Jesus. Sweet satisfaction in the Lord is independent of circumstance, but all about our relationship with Him. You seem to be living this out right now! I love you my dear, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robin! Congratulations on becoming a mommy! The Lord's faithfulness is new every morning! The Lord is working such a beautiful testimony into every aspect of your life. Blessings sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete