Sunday, May 1

Mayco

I remember pulling up to the orphanage.  I had been there the year before, June 2010 and still remember little Mayco’s lifeless face.  When I lifted him into my arms he was as stiff as a board.  He had never been held.  I had to pry his legs open to wrap around my waist. He slept for an hour in my arms. Today, over a year later, I could not wait to see him again.

As we unloaded the bus I searched the sea of smiling orphans looking for him. I was dumbfounded when I saw him.  He had walked straight up to Ryan and slipped right into his arms.  Of all the people he could have gone to, he walked right up to Ryan. I watched for the next 4 hours as Ryan lovingly spend time with him, walked with him, and brought comfort to his little pain filled heart. 




They spent the day together and Ryan's heart was changed.


As I held Mayco this same day God spoke to my heart, "This is why you lost your two children.  So that the love you were ready to give to your own children could now be given to the motherless."  


Through Mayco our hearts were each captured on the same day. How amazing that of all the hundreds of children in Jeremie, God used the same child for each of us.


We are grateful for the honor of this opportunity God has given us.  That through our pain God would do something glorious in the lives of other children.





No comments:

Post a Comment